Freshmen and Transfer Students
All freshmen enter Mays majoring in BUAD. Lower-level business students (freshmen and sophomores) as well incoming transfer students receive advising from Undergraduate Advising in room 238 of the Wehner Building. They advise students which lower-level courses are needed to apply for upper division status and declare a major.
Student profiles are diverse, but generally possess the following characteristics:
- An analytical perspective; able to translate complex information into real-world solutions
- Outstanding leadership, communication and time-management skills
- Enterprising; ability to formulate creative and strategic fiscal solutions
Review application requirements for the BBA in Accounting program.
Our BBA program provides the opportunity to complete coursework in order to meet the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination requirements.
Internships are a great way for students to gain hands-on professional experience and explore potential career interests.
Latest News From the Accounting Department
Learn more about new course offerings, job opportunities, and news that relates to you as an accounting major.
Click this link to subscribe your email address
A BBA in Accounting prepares students for an enriching career with a variety of challenging paths. Mays accounting graduates have found employment as:
- Certified Public Accountants (tax and/or audit services)
- Financial Analysts at industry firms and non-profits
Connect with Mays BBA in Accounting program
- Facebook Mays Business School
- Twitter Mays Business School
- Google+ Mays Business School
- LinkedIn Mays Business School
- YouTube Mays Business School
- Flickr Mays Business School
We are proud to offer a host of enriching extracurriculars, leadership opportunities, and certificate programs.
The accounting department and Texas A&M University offer several scholarship opportunities to students.
Students interested in studying abroad are encouraged to explore our wide selection of programs.