Recently ranked #6 in Livability’s Best College Towns, College Station offers residents a high quality of life in affordable surroundings. Our area is known for its small-town charm, and you will quickly find yourself feeling at home as you meet new friends and discover the abundance of activities available. College Station and Bryan regularly receive recognition for their outstanding quality of life, including affordability, safety, education, and outdoor activities.
Texas A&M University, located in the Brazos Valley, “a knowledge commercialization zone where university, industry, and government partners join forces,” is central in the Texas Triangle region of Austin, Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas-Fort Worth. Our proximity to these urban centers means you can easily make a round-trip in a day – or spend a long weekend soaking up the big city atmosphere before returning home.
Our area boasts many enticing amenities, including:
- Local Schools
- College Station Independent School District
- Bryan Independent School District
- Allen Academy, KOR Education School, Joseph Catholic School, Michael’s Episcopal School
- RELLIS Academic Alliance offers education programs from several system universities, the Blinn College District, and leading workforce training agencies
- Regional universities – Sam Houston State University, Prairie View A&M University, and Stephen F. Austin State University – are only a short drive away
- Museums, including Texas A&M’s George Bush Presidential Library and Museum, the Children’s Museum of the Brazos Valley, The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History, and the Museum of the American G.I.
- Cultural events, including theater groups, a symphony, chamber music groups, dance groups, live music venues, and art galleries
- Local and state parks to enjoy nature and outdoor activities, many with features designed for children
- The Northgate District and Century Square
- Seasonal attractions, including Santa’s Wonderland, the Texas Reds Festival, Texas wildflowers, and the Spirit of Texas Festival
- Agritourism, including wineries, breweries, farm-to-market restaurants, and numerous area farmer’s markets
- Outstanding restaurants that range from steakhouses to international cuisines
- As a Division I NCAA school, Texas A&M offers a wide variety of sporting events
- Texas A&M’s shuttle system
- Bryan/College Station public transportation system
- Easterwood Airport offers daily non-stop flights from College Station to Dallas-Ft Worth
- Three major international airports are within driving distance: Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Houston’s Hobby Airport, and Austin’s Bergstrom Airport.