- April 1 Final deadline for Fall entry
- Though some funding requires applications be received by December 10, other funding will still be available to accepted applicants whose applications are received by the April 1 deadline. Although the final deadline is April 1, applications are considered as they are received, so applying earlier is better.
Application submission and departmental review are conducted electronically. Only requested documents will be reviewed.
For questions regarding the PhD application process, contact Rebecca Itz.
Faculty remain active in the field and continue to pursue research in a number of distinct disciplines.
Faculty research areas of PhD Faculty
Our program has three primary objectives:
- Provide candidates with the tools needed to publish research
- Develop advanced competencies for research.
- Prepare candidates for the varied responsibilities of academic careers or for positions
Our PhD in Business Administration – Finance program provides rigorous coursework and research activities for an in-depth understanding of the theoretical, conceptual, and managerial foundations of finance.
Opportunities to Learn More
For more information about current PhD in Business Administration students in the Department of Finance, complete this request form.
“The guidance, support, and mentoring I got from Mays Business School at Texas A&M University equipped me with the skills and confidence that keep me pushing the frontier in finance research. -Shuting (Sophia) Hu, Assistant Professor, Baylor University
#31 undergraduate program, U.S. News & World Report (2020)
#27 most productive research faculty in North America for disciplines offered at Mays (2015-2019), UT Dallas
“Mentoring by the faculty and collaboration with professors and Ph.D. students were instrumental in preparing me for my academic career.
Shradha Bindal, University of Kansas
Recent graduates have accepted tenure-track faculty positions at many excellent business schools, including:
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
- University of Arizona
- University of Georgia
- Oklahoma State University
- Louisiana State University
- Baylor University
Generally, the finance department does not admit students unless it can fund their education through competitive Graduate Assistantships.
In addition to the basic stipend, the department may grant fellowships to qualified students.
For PhD in Business Administration – Finance program information, please contact:
Academic Advisor III