Do you currently attend Texas A&M and want to change from your non-business major to a business major in Mays?
Support For You:
Transition Academic Programs is available to help you in the Change of Major process. Visit with a TAP advisor to learn more about Mays, other majors, and the General Studies program.
Before Applying, You Must:
- Be admitted to Texas A&M as a new freshman, and
- Have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours at Texas A&M, and
- Not have completed over 60 credit hours (Credit completed as a college student counts, but AP, IB, and dual credit completed during high school does not.)
For Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree
programs, you must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater, and
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or greater in your Qualifying Coursework (see below).
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Programs
For the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
(BSB) degree program, you must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or greater, and
- Have a GPA of 3.25 or greater in your Qualifying Coursework (see below).
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSB)
Complete Qualifying Coursework:
You must complete at least 4 of the following courses to be considered as a Change of Major candidate. Two of your 4 courses must be MATH 140 and 142 or their equivalents. If you complete more than 4 of the following courses, all grades will be considered when calculating your Qualifying Coursework GPA. If a course has been attempted more than once, the higher grade will be used when calculating your Qualifying Coursework GPA.
||Business Mathematics I (or MATH 148#, 152* #, 168 or 172#)
||Business Mathematics II – Calculus (or MATH 147#, 151* # or 171#)
||Select from ENGL 103, 104, 203, 210, COMM 203, 205, or 243
||Select another from ENGL 103, 104, 203, 210, COMM 203, 205, or 243
||Introductory Accounting – Financial
||Introductory Accounting – Managerial
||Statistical Methods for Business
||Principles of Economics – Microeconomics
||Principles of Economics – Macroeconomics
||Fundamentals of Information Systems
* Credit by exam accepted but no grade is awarded.