Contact and Office Hours
Undergraduate Advising supports Mays Business School by recruiting, advising and mentoring undergraduate business students. The Undergraduate Advising Office acts on behalf of the Dean for undergraduate student academic matters, and college and university requirements. The Undergraduate Advising Office assists all business undergraduates with the following.
- Applications for upper-level business major admission
- Processing requests to change upper-level business major
- Processing requests for minor field of study approval, or minor field of study removal
- Processing requests for degree evaluation adjustment
- Requests for Q-drop
- Requests for student withdrawal
- Requests for participation in study abroad programs, TAMU and non-TAMU
- Petitions related to college and university policies, procedures and requirements
- Referrals to on-campus support services for academic and/or personal difficulties
- Requests about final examination rescheduling
- Applications and appeals for change of major into Mays Business School
Academic advising is a collaboration between the student and academic advisor. Advising is provided for business students according to lower- or upper-level admission status.
Lower-level business students
Lower-level business students (BUAD) receive advising from academic advisors in 238 Wehner. Academic advisors and graduate assistants are available to serve all business freshmen and sophomores.
Students are encouraged to meet regularly with an academic advisor. Although students are not assigned to specific advisors, they may request to meet with the advisor of their choice.
Mays Business School
Texas A&M University
238 Wehner Building
College Station, TX 77843-4118
Appointments and Information
The Undergraduate Advising Office is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Advising by Drop-in is available during the fall and spring semesters from 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. on Monday and Thursday. Students are seen on a first-come, first served basis.
Advising by appointment is available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except during scheduled drop-in advising. To make an appointment use the following link:
For other information or inquiry use the following.
Undergraduate Advising Staff (click on name to see a bio)
- Mr. Peter Drysdale, Director of Academic Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Linda Windle, Associate Director of Academic Services – email@example.com
- Mr. Patrick Williams, Assistant Director of Academic Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Ashley Corn, Academic Advisor III – email@example.com
- Ms. Sarah Hooper, Academic Advisor III, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Camilla Rhome, Academic Advisor II – email@example.com
- Ms. Alyssa Hartmann, Academic Advisor I, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Brittany Schultz, Academic Advisor I, email@example.com
- Ms. Catherine Young, Academic Advisor I – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Erin Parks, Senior Administrative Coordinator – email@example.com
- Ms. Amber Garcia, Administrative Associate – firstname.lastname@example.org
Communicating with Advisors
Following are guidelines students should follow when communicating with advisors:
- Always use your Texas A&M email address when emailing academic advisors.
- Always include your full name and UIN.
- Allow at least 48 hours for a response.
- Be respectful, courteous and professional, and be mindful of sensitive information.
- Check your Texas A&M email account on a daily basis. Important notices and reminders will be sent to your TAMU Email address – you are responsible for this knowledge.
Upper-level business students receive advising from academic advisors for their majors. Refer to the following list for your upper-level major academic advisor.