Contact and Office Hours
Undergraduate Advising supports Mays Business School by advising and mentoring undergraduate business students. Staffed by a skilled group of academic advisors the Undergraduate Advising Office acts on behalf of the Dean for undergraduate student academic matters, and college and university requirements.
The Undergraduate Advising Office, located in room 238 Wehner Building, is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. For information or inquiry, call 979.862.3850 or fax 979.862.3867. The mailing address is:
238 Wehner Building
College Station, TX 77843-4118
Academic advising is a collaboration between the student and academic advisor. Our vision for academic advising is to engage students beyond their own world view to recognize the “art of possibility.” Through teaching and learning experiences the student sets goals, acquires information and services, and makes decisions consistent with interests, goals, abilities and degree requirements. Advising is provided for business students according to lower- or upper-level admission status.
Lower-level Business and University Studies-Business Students
Lower-level business (BUAD) and University Studies-Business (USBU) students receive advising through the Undergraduate Advising Office (UAO) academic advisors. Students are encouraged to meet regularly with an academic advisor. Although students are not assigned to specific advisors, they may request to meet with the advisor of their choice.
Appointments and Information
UAO academic advisors are eager to help with any academic questions or issues. They are available during regular business hours for advising by appointment, email, telephone, and/or via Zoom session.
Advising by Drop-in: Advising by drop-in is available during the fall and spring semesters, 8:30-11:30 a.m. on Monday and Thursday. Students are seen on a first come, first served basis.
Advising by Appointment: Available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except during scheduled drop-in advising. To make an appointment use the following link:
Undergraduate Advising Academic Advisors (click on name to see a bio)
- Ms. Ashley Corn, Academic Advisor III – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Sarah Hooper, Academic Advisor III, email@example.com
- Ms. Alyssa Hartmann, Academic Advisor II, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Vacant), Academic Advisor II
- Ms. Catherine Young, Academic Advisor II – email@example.com
- Carrie Saltsman, Academic Advisor I
Undergraduate Advising Office Staff (click on name to see a bio)
- Mr. Peter Drysdale, Director of Academic Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Linda Windle, Associate Director of Academic Services – email@example.com
- Mr. Patrick Williams, Assistant Director of Academic Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Erin Parks, Senior Administrative Coordinator – email@example.com
- Ms. Amber Garcia, Administrative Associate – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Undergraduate Advising Office provides assistance to all Mays Business School undergraduates for processes and requests, including the following.
- Admission requirements and application for upper-level business major
- Curriculum updates for approved requests for upper-level change of major
- Curriculum updates for approved minor field of study and minor field of study removal
- Q-drops and student withdrawals
- Applications to participate in a study abroad program, TAMU and non-TAMU
- Petitions related to college and university policies, procedures and requirements
- Referral to on-campus support services for academic and/or personal difficulties
- Applications and appeals for change of major into Mays Business School (on campus change of major)
Upper-Level Business Students
Upper-level business students (accounting, finance, management, management information systems, marketing, and supply chain management) receive advising from academic advisors for their majors. Refer to the following list for your upper-level major academic advisor.
Communicating with Advisors
Following are guidelines students should follow when communicating with advisors:
- Only email advisors (or instructors) from the TAMU account,
- In the subject header include a brief reason for the email,
- Always include full name and UIN,
- Use respectful, courteous, professional language,
- Allow at least 24-48 hours for a response,
- Do not use abbreviated text language,
- Do not reply to a mass email. Begin a new email,
- Do not forward email to another account, i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.,
- Do not resend the same email multiple times, and
- Read TAMU email correspondence. Important notices and reminders are sent via TAMU email. Students are responsible for reading, and acting accordingly.