What We Look For
Click here for COVID-19 updates
The admissions committee strives to select candidates who are a good fit for the Executive MBA program. Each prospective student’s application is evaluated on the following considerations:
- Professional work experience: Strong candidates have at least 10 years of professional work experience that includes seven years of managerial experience. This extensive experience may be considered in place of a GRE or GMAT score.
- High-level organizational responsibilities: The selection committee looks for candidates who are responsible for high-level organizational functions such as budgeting, strategic planning and forecasting/ analysis.
- Innovative leaders: Successful applicants have a history of facing significant professional hurdles and finding new and innovative ways to guide their organization in a changing industry.
- Potential for contributing to the learning experience: The admissions team evaluates candidates on their knowledge, experiences and intellectual curiosity to determine whether they will add value to classroom discussions and contribute to the learning of other seasoned professionals.
- Ability to work in a team environment: Strong candidates understand how to work effectively in teams.
- Motivation and commitment to completing the program: Strong prospects display a professional demeanor and have a proven track record of successfully starting and completing endeavors.
- Ability to balance an academically challenging program, ongoing career responsibilities and personal life: Successful applicants have strong time management and planning skills that will help them handle multiple and competing demands on their time.
- Sound post-MBA goals: The admissions team looks for a logical connection between pre-MBA experience and the candidate’s post-MBA goals. These goals could include having a lifelong goal of earning an MBA from a prestigious institution or differentiating themselves when entering a tight job market.