Flex Online MS Accounting
Who Should Apply?
The Flex Online MS Accounting is designed for working professionals who are:
- Working in accounting and want to pursue CPA certification or promotion
- Seeking a career change into the field
- Balancing the demands of a career, family, and other priorities
The Flex Online MS in Accounting is a new degree delivery option based on the quality curriculum offered through the James Benjamin Department of Accounting.
Questions? Please reach out to:
Clinical Assistant Professor
Fall Semester 2023
- Application for 2024-2025 now open
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
- There is no spring or summer admission to the program at this time
Tracks of Study
Students will be able to select between two tracks, which share core courses but differ in terms of specialized coursework:
- Audit track
- Tax track
Designed with working adults in mind, the Flex Online MS Accounting is offered in a blended format:
- Asynchronous components provide flexibility. Work where you want, when you want.
- Synchronous learning provides valuable classroom experience as a weekly scheduled session.
High Quality / Rankings
The Flex Online MS Accounting is taught by the same esteemed faculty that teach the highly ranked in-person program.
Some highlights of our rankings include:
- 1st ranked Masters in Accounting program in the US – Eduniversal (2019)
- 13th public graduate program, U.S. News and World Report (2021)
The Aggie Network
When you earn an Flex Online MS Accounting degree, it’s a Texas A&M degree. You’re an Aggie–go get that ring!
In addition, you’ll benefit from being a part of one of the largest alumni associations in the nation: the Association of Former Students of Texas A&M University
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics , employment in accounting and auditing is expected to grow 6 percent through 2031. About 136,400 openings for accountants and auditors are projected each year over the next decade.
Individuals who have a professional certification, especially CPAs, should have the best prospects at developing their career.
- Individuals seeking advanced degrees are often eligible for employer tuition assistance.
- You’ll be developing new skills that can be immediately applied to your current position or a position that you seek.
- The online format will allow you the flexibility to maintain your work, education and life balance.
- You’ll learn from some of the nation’s top educators.
Students in the degree program will benefit from the following services:
- Career Management Center
- CPA exam preparation and administration
- Corporate Recruiting
The Aggie Spirit
You’ll get to experience the Aggie Spirit first-hand as part of an on-campus orientation at the beginning of the first year of the program, which will include training for course technologies, a primer on “being an Aggie,” and social opportunities to meet other students and faculty.
You’ll be part of the Aggie family–from day one until forever.