College Station, Texas
3+ Years of Work Experience
The combined MBA+MSA program bridges data science and business to help leaders understand how to make better business decisions. This intensive program offers a combination of in-person and live-stream classes, as well as hands-on practice managing challenges, time, and resources. Our intimate cohorts allow students to make meaningful connections with peers, faculty, career coaches, and program leadership. You will emerge from our program with cutting-edge professional knowledge and the ability to immediately assume a leadership role.
What our admissions team looks for
The ideal candidate has at least three years of professional experience and a cumulative 3.5 GPA or is in the top 25% for GRE/GMAT scores.
You’ll apply online. Application fees are $125 for domestic students and $200 for international students.
You must have taken at least one statistics class with a grade equivalent of an A or B. You’ll provide unofficial transcripts, a GMAT or GRE score, a minimum of two essays, (a third essay is optional) and a resume. You must also demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
What students are saying
“I chose TAMU’s MBA + MSA degree program because I believe that data analysis will be a critical aspect of all successful business’s going forward. I am excited to undertake May’s highly ranked MBA program while simultaneously gaining the added value and relevancy that an MSA degree offers.“
Philip DeCastroMBA + MSA Class of 2023
“I chose the MBA + MSA program at the Mays Business School because I am looking to make a shift in my career in the oil and gas industry into a role that has more of an emphasis on business planning as well as data analysis. I look forward to the opportunity to gain greater knowledge and fill certain skill gaps in statistics, predictive analytics and data science with the dual MSA program beyond what is offered in the business data analytics concentration.“
Sonya SwayzerMBA + MSA Class of 2023
“I chose the MBA + MSA program at Texas A&M because it is the perfect combination to meet today’s high demand for leadership, management skills, and data analytics skills. Nowadays, data is extremely important when making business decisions, and the MBA + MSA program provides all of the tools necessary to prepare for a highly competitive business environment.“
Federico SchloeterMBA + MSA Class of 2023
MBA + Analytics Highlight
What you’ll study
FALL YEAR 1 (19 CREDIT HOURS)
- Financial Accounting
- Linear and Logistic Regression
- Marketing Management
- Finance for the Professional I
- Operations Management
- Business Communications
- Microfoundations of Business Behavior
SPRING YEAR 1
(13 CREDIT HOURS + 3 CREDIT HOURS SPECIALIZATION)
- Management Accounting and Control
- Finance for the Professional II
- Strategic Management and Negotiations § Business Communications
- Data Management and Visualization
The summer internship is your opportunity to put your new MBA+MSA knowledge to work through real-world experience. Our students intern at companies in many different industries and geographic locations. The Career Management Center team works closely with our students to help them identify, apply, and interview for the internships that fit their unique goals and skillset.
FALL YEAR 2 (14 CREDIT HOURS)
- Capstone Consulting Project
- Individual Leadership Development
- Time Series
- Applied Predictive Analytics for Business § Data Wrangling Tools and Techniques
SPRING YEAR 2
(9 CREDIT HOURS + 3 CREDIT HOURS SPECIALIZATION)
- Deploying Enterprise Data Models/Building Optimization Models
- International Business Policy
- Leading People in Organizations
(OPTIONS BASED ON YOUR CHOSEN FULL-TIME MBA TRACK)
- Data Analytics
- Supply Chain Management
- Analytics for Financial Reporting OR Fundamentals of Business Programming
Paying for your program
Use any combination of these options to pay for your MBA program.
Employer Support or Third-Party Sponsor
Your employer or a third-party pays for a portion or all of the program.
Apply for Financial Aid
Financial aid is available to almost all students regardless of income.
Eligible students can use military benefits such as VA Chapter 33-Post 9/11 GI Bill and/or Hazlewood Exemption.
Pay Out of Pocket
Each semester, pay a portion or all of your bill out of pocket.
Pay your “Out of Pocket” portion each semester in four installments. Summer semesters consist of two installments.
How to apply for financial aid
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The FAFSA is available on October 1 prior to the aid year in which you enroll.
- Texas A&M’s school code is 003632.
2. If applying for a Grad Plus Loan, complete the additional required application. Be sure to complete all required steps in the process.
3. Once financial aid is awarded, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Howdy Portal
- Go to the Financial Aid Portal via the “My Finances” tab
- On the “Award” tab, click on “Begin Processing”
- You may accept as much or as little of each award as needed.
Figuring out how to pay for your program doesn’t need to be a stressful experience!
Contact our dedicated MBA financial aid liaison, Joanne Byrne at email@example.com with questions or to set up an appointment.
Connect with us
There’s no way to get a better gig than with a prestigious combined master’s degree from Texas A&M University.
So what are you waiting for?
Our admissions team offers information sessions as well as individualized admissions consultations. The program is highly competitive and class size is limited, so candidates are encouraged to apply early.