We are seeking a class of approximately 65 students. Admissions is highly competitive, so we encourage you to take advantage of the one-on-one resources available in order to submit a strong application and prepare for the interview. Due to limited seats, we encourage applicants to apply early.
Admitting on a space availability basis. Applicants are still encouraged to apply.
Competitive applicants will be invited to interview
Top Reasons to Apply Early!
- Applying and getting admitted early allows time to prepare for the program. We realize that in order for the “stars to align”, you need time to prepare.
- Applying and being admitted early gives you access to content released ahead of time: Class invites, virtual hangouts with admitted/current students, financial aid sessions and refresher material.
Steps for admissions:
- Start a Pre-Application We highly encourage you to visit with our Program Administrators to gain insights about our program and the process before you submit a pre-application
- Video interview (by invitation)
- Official TAMU Graduate Admission Application
- Deposit within three weeks of admission
- Attend boot camp/orientation in mid August
Our class breakdown:
Strong candidates must meet the following criteria and qualifications:
Work Experience: We require a minimum of 3 years of full time work experience. Applicants who do not meet the work experience criteria will not be considered for the term they’re applying for.
Strong Academic Background: A competitive undergraduate or graduate GPA strengthens the admissions pre-application.
Competitive GRE/GMAT Scores: A GRE or GMAT score of top 25%. We can waive the requirement after we perform a comprehensive review of an applicant’s academic background.
Organizational support: We strongly recommend students to seek organizational support from their current employer for access to data and mentorship. We require students to build a predictive model in order to graduate from the program. There are options available for students who can’t get organizational support. Please visit with program staff to find out about options.
Purpose: A well written statement of purpose about how this analytics degree will help your organization.
Statistics Competency: Applicants must have completed a statistics course with a grade of B or better.