“Overall I would rate this program on a scale of 1 to 10 as an 11”
-Course Evaluation Spring 2017.
Financing your MS Analytics Degree
MSA program participants are eligible to apply for three types of loans. More information at Texas A&M Scholarship & Financial Aid Office. A few students will qualify for grants and scholarships.
Types of Aid:
Federal Direct Loans
The William D. Ford Federal (Direct) Loan Program is provided and administered by the U.S. Department of Education. Students can borrow up to $20,500 per academic year. The most of up-to-date information about interest rates is found here. Repayment begins 6 months after graduation or dropping below half-time enrollment. the maximum lifetime borrowing limit is $138,500 (including undergraduate amounts) in this program which was formerly referred to as the Federal Stafford Loan.
Federal Direct Graduate Plus Loan
The William D. Ford Federal (Direct) Graduate PLUS Loan Program allows graduate students to borrow up to the total cost of attendance (minus other aid). Approval for this type of loan is based on a credit screening process. The most up-to-date information about interest rates is found here. Repayment begins 6 months after graduation or dropping below half-time status.
Alternative (private) loans are administered by private lending institutions to be used for educational costs. They are not part of the federal student loan programs, may carry higher interest, an should be used when other options have been exhausted. Texas A&M Scholarships and Financial Aid maintains a lender list for private loan options.
Non-Profit Scholarship for MS Analytics
Service is one of our core values at Texas A&M University. In that spirit, the program is providing two half scholarships each year for our part-time Masters in Analytics program to an employee of a non-profit organization. Competitive candidates typically have three or more years of full-time work experience, an impressive academic background or GRE/GMAT score, and currently work with data on a regular basis. Candidates must currently be employed by a non-profit organization willing to provide a business problem and data-set for the program’s capstone project. Simply indicate your non-profit work in your “Statement of Purpose” on the pre-application to be considered.
Deadline for fall 2019 Non-Profit Scholarship Application: February 28, 2019.
How to apply for Financial Aid
- Create an FSA ID: The FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents.
- Complete the FAFSA onlineThe FAFSA is available beginning on October 1 and should be completed as soon as possible. The priority deadline for FAFSA submission is March 15. The
FAFSA may be completed during the admissions process, but financial aid will not be awarded until program admission. The school code on the fAFSA for Texas A&M University is 003632
- Complete Master Promissory Note (MPN) for each loan type.
Timeline for Financial Aid
- October 1, begin filling out FAFSA
- March 15, priority deadline for Texas A&M University (for later admits, our priority deadline is July 1st for fall awards).
Veterans Education benefits
Post-9/11 GI Bill and Hazelwood Act
MSA students who are Veterans may qualify for benefits to help cover the program. For more information about what benefits are available, please visit here
• Tuition/required fees
• Pre-loaded laptop
• Meals/hotel for orientation and residencies
**A $100 General deposit fee is charged upon enrollment. This is refundable and different from the non-refundable $1,000 deposit/down payment required upon admission.
What you’ll get:
• High quality, carefully selected peers
• Live online streaming of prestigious professor-led lectures
• All lectures are recorded and available for review
• Individual work-based capstone project stewarded by a project coach and subject matter expert.
• Executive-style learning in the evenings (similar to MBA programs)
• Customer Service like no other online degree! We guide you through the enrollment and financial aid process, register you, purchase your books/supplies each semester and ensure your forms for graduation are complete
• The Aggie Network, a unique network of thousands of alumni around the world
75% of the MSA students are financially sponsored by their organization