MS Analytics started in 2013. With the growing gap between people with deep learning skills growing wider, the program sought out to reduce it by offering a degree that focuses on analyzing big data using sophisticated statistical modeling tools. MSA sought out to be a unique program from its inception. It offers an executive style learning environment for working professionals who want to improve their careers and pioneer analytics within their organization. The method of instruction focuses on real-world case studies and utilizes the most relevant analytics tools in the classroom. The program delivery is a blend of both face-to-face and live video streaming at the Mays Business School facility at Houston CityCentre. The competitive admissions process and the quality of the students make for a rich learning experience where students learn from their peers as much as they do from their professors.
Graduates are equipped with high demand skill-sets. These include:
- Business Acumen
- Data Processing
- Data Science/Storytelling
- Machine Learning
- Predictive Analytics
The MS Analytics program is a 5-semester part-time program that focuses on applying statistical modeling methods to big data and solve business problems. Designed for working professionals, the program is taught face-to-face at Houston CityCentre and live video streaming on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. the program offers a number of unique features and benefits:
- Innovative Curriculum: The MSA program’s coursework offers a blend of both statistics and business courses designed to create value in the student’s organization as well as personally. The curriculum focuses on database management, statistical modeling, computer programming, machine learning, neural networks, marketing engineering, accounting, and finance. In addition to the technical skills, the program also offers coursework in leadership and communication.
- Work-based Capstone Project: An individual project where students apply what they have learned in order to solve a business problem within their organization. If a student can’t secure a dataset with their organization, there are options available to meet this requirement, please visit with program staff to find out more.
- Real-world applications: The classes include a variety of activities. They include peer discussions, case studies, group projects, and rich discussions with the faculty that are designed to help gain skills that the students can immediately apply to their organizations.
- Face-to-face and live video streaming: Our cohorts work together and are a part of the same class. The MSA program doesn’t separate online students from the in-class students. Our video delivery is a live broadcast of the classes. Every class day, all members of the cohort come together to learn. The program has created an equal learning for distance and face-to-face students and creates a unique learning environment for both. Approximately 50% of the students join the program remotely.
- Connection to a global network: Our students and graduates can tap into the Aggie Network, which is comprised of almost 400,000 former students who live around the world. This invaluable resource can help MSA students identify job opportunities and business partnerships.
Schedule: All students take part in a boot camp/orientation at the start of their MSA program at the Mays Business School at Houston CityCentre The boot camp is 2.5 days and is the week before classes start. Classes are taught Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. At the end of the fifth semester, all students meet again at Houston CityCentre to partake in capstone peer presentations and graduation festivities.
Length: The program begins every August and takes 5 semesters (fall, spring, summer, fall, and spring) to complete.
Curriculum: The curriculum consists of 36 credit hours and a capstone project that must be completed prior to graduation.
Tuition and Fees: The program cost is $65,000.
*There are flexible payment plans and financial aid available. Please visit our cost page to find out more about options.
**A $100 General deposit fee is charged upon enrollment. This is refundable and different from the non-refundable $1,000 deposit/down payment required upon admission.