A formal application is required of all persons seeking admission to the Ph.D. in Business Administration – Operations and Supply Chain Management program. The Ph.D. program only admits students during the fall semester and the process has strict deadlines as shown below.
Currently enrolled Texas A&M graduate students
Application instructions for students currently enrolled in another graduate degree program at Texas A&M and wishing to apply for admission to Mays can be obtained by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (979) 845-4711.
The following dates are in chronological order of application review and funding opportunities.
- September 3: Fall application available to begin submission process.
- December 10: Strongly recommended that all applicants (U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, and international) submit their online application/uploaded documents for early review and the most consideration for available financial support, including university, Mays, and departmental fellowships.
- December 11 – January 11: Primary review period. Applications continue to be accepted.
- January 12 – April 14: Applications continue to be accepted, though funding opportunities may decrease.
- December 11 – April 14: Applications continue to be accepted, though in some years, the application cycle closes as early as February. Funding opportunities may decrease for applications received late in the cycle.
- April 15 – May 25: Application may be closed at any time as the program fills.
- May 26: Application closes. No additional application submissions can be accepted after this date,even if you have started your online application.
Application submission and departmental review are conducted electronically.
We do not use official test scores or transcripts to review Mays Ph.D. Program applications.
- Submit online application and upload requested documents only. Do not mail paper documents or additional information.
- Apply online using our ApplyYourself application form.
- Application fee paid online by credit card within the ApplyYourself application system.
- Upload supporting documents:
- Essay/Personal statement question(s).
- Scanned transcripts (.pdf) from each senior-level post secondary institution for the review process.
- File size should not exceed 4mb. To reduce file size, scan dpi around 150 if needed.
- Unofficial transcripts printed from student academic accounts may be uploaded. (We understand a transcript may not list final grades if applying in a current semester.)
- Professional résumé.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation uploaded into ApplyYourself by the recommenders or submitted by email. No more than three letters will be accepted for review. Electronic letters of recommendation are recommended in order to expedite your application. Use this Mays form if your reference chooses to send by mail instead of the online system.
- Unofficial GMAT or GRE scores will be typed in your application. Do not send an official or hard copy.
- The Core Residency Questionnaire is contained within the application.
- Ph.D. applicants only need to complete parts A and B.
- Parts C-H are for MS/MRE applicants only and should not be completed by Ph.D. Applicants.
- International applicant section
- Unofficial TOEFL or IELTS score will be typed in your application. The entire international section must also be completed.
- Not reviewed: certificates, writing samples, research, etc.
Mailing Supporting Documents for Ph.D. Admissions
The Ph.D. Program only accepts applications and supporting documents using the online application system. Additional documents received by mail will not be considered.
The program mailing address for formally admitted students is:
Mays Business School – Ph.D. Program
Graduate Admissions Office
Texas A&M University
College Station, Texas 77843-4113
Submitting Test Scores for Ph.D. Admissions
- GRE and TOEFL code is 6003
- GMAT code is Mays Ph.D. Program specific: 7B7-K9-57
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) a minimum score of 6.0. Additional information can be found at ielts.org. There is not an institutional code for use with the IELTS examination; therefore, please send official score to: Data & Research Services, Texas A&M University, 4239 TAMU, College Station, Texas 77843-4239.
- Test information is available at mba.com for the GMAT and www.gre.org for the GRE