Click here for COVID-19 updates
The application for Fall 2020 entry has closed. The next possible entry term will be Fall 2021. We expect to open the online application in early September 2020. This page will be updated for the 2021 entry term by August 1, 2020.
Candidates may schedule an optional advising appointment with a member of the Professional MBA Admissions team before applying. The advising appointment includes an evaluation of the candidate’s resume and qualifications. Candidates also have the opportunity to ask questions about the Professional MBA program and the admissions process. These appointments can be conducted via phone or in person at Mays’ CityCentre location. To request an advising appointment, please email your resume and relevant supporting documents (test scores, transcripts, etc) to email@example.com to begin the scheduling process. Please make sure your request indicates that you are interested in the Professional MBA program.
|“The communications through the process were incredible. From the moment I was invited to the interview to the moment the program started I had very clear and consistent communication from the staff. As I was applying I was invited to several different events that were very clearly described — I knew exactly where to go and what to expect. The coordination between the staff was impeccable and gave me a sense of the program’s overall excellence.”
A note from a Professional MBA Applicant, class of 2020
Completed application: Candidates submit all application materials electronically, including:
- Web-based application (link to be provided in early September) and application fee
- Completed essay questions (two required, one optional)
- GMAT/GRE score (GMAT code: 7B7-K9-54, GRE code: 5586) taken during the past five years. An unofficial score report is accepted at the time of applying. If you are admitted and choose to enroll, an official score report will be required.
- Applicants meeting certain criteria may be eligible to have the test requirement waived. For more information, please contact Debra McHaney (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You are able to register to take the GRE at home if testing centers in your area are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit https://www.ets.org/s/cv/gre/at-home/ to learn more. Questions about this process should be sent directly to ETS.
- You are able to register to take the GMAT at home if testing centers in your area are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online to learn more. Questions about this process should be sent directly to GMAC.
- To view our March 25 virtual session about admissions tests, click here.
- If you have any other questions about testing during the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact Debra McHaney (email@example.com).
- Scanned copies of transcripts from each post-secondary institution the candidate has attended
- Unofficial copies are accepted at the time of applying. If you are admitted and choose to enroll, official copies will be required.
- Contact information for two professional references
- Please provide the names and work contact information (email and phone) for two professional references. We will contact them only if additional information is needed prior to making an admissions decision.
- Professional résumé
- Please provide a full overview of all full-time work experience, including the start and end date (month and year) for each position held
- As applicable for international candidates, English language proficiency score (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before applying to determine if this may be required for you)
Evaluative interview: Candidates who are selected to continue the admissions process will be invited to participate in an interview with a member of the PMBA admissions committee.
Deposit: Candidates who are selected for admission must pay a required non-refundable deposit of $1,000 to reserve a seat in the class.
If offered admission: Candidates who are selected for admission will be required to complete preparatory work before the beginning of the program; further information will be communicated in spring 2020. Students attend mandatory Boot Camp on July 11, 2020 at CityCentre in Houston and Residency Week from the evening of July 20 through July 25, 2020 in College Station.