Opportunities to Learn More
We want to get to know you! We offer a variety of events and activities to help you learn more about the Professional MBA program and the admissions process.
Request Information – connect with an admissions team member for guidance
Advising Appointments – learn how to be a competitive candidate for admission
Information Sessions – offered monthly at our CityCentre Houston location
Mays Workshop Series – gain insights about special topics and Mays Business School
Virtual Information Sessions – conducted monthly to introduce you to our Houston programs
Advising on the Go – join us for coffee at a location near you
Mays MeetUp – hear about our program from a current or former student
Request Information: Complete this online form to connect with our admissions team and join our email list to receive admissions updates, invitations to special events and reminders of important deadlines.
Advising Appointments: Candidates may schedule an optional advising appointment with a member of the Professional MBA Admissions team. The advising appointment includes an evaluation of the candidate’s resume and qualifications. Candidates also have the opportunity to ask questions about the Professional MBA program and the admissions process. These appointments can be conducted via phone or in person at Mays’ CityCentre location. To request an advising appointment, please email your resume and relevant supporting documents (test scores, transcripts, etc) to email@example.com to begin the scheduling process. Please make sure your request indicates that you are interested in the Professional MBA program.
Information Sessions: We offer monthly information sessions at our CityCentre location to give prospective students the opportunity to learn more about Mays Business School’s Houston programs and the admissions process. Students can select to learn more about the Executive MBA program or the Professional MBA program during breakout sessions. Staff, faculty, and current/former students will be available to share information and answer questions. Click here to register.
- Wednesday, January 8 at 6:30pm
- Wednesday, February 12 at 6:30pm
- Wednesday, March 18 at 6:30pm
- Wednesday, April 15 at 6:30pm
- Wednesday, May 13 at 6:30pm
- Saturday, June 6 at 10:00am
Mays Workshop Series: Join the Mays team at our CityCentre location for these special events where you can both learn about our MBA program options and come away with new insights to apply to your life. You’ll have breakfast with some of our current students, participate in a workshop (see list below for topics), and learn more about the three MBA program options at Mays. All are welcome! Click here to register.
- Thursday, November 21 at 6:30pm – Effective Job Searching
- Saturday, January 11 at 9:00am – Negotiations Strategies
- Saturday, February 8 at 9:00am – Public Speaking
- Saturday, April 18 at 9:00am – Excel/Pivot Tables
- Saturday, May 16 at 9:00am – Tableau/Data Management
Virtual Information sessions: Virtual Information Sessions are hosted monthly from 12-1pm Central Time to provide you with an opportunity to learn about the two MBA program options offered by Mays Business School in Houston – the Professional MBA and the Executive MBA. MBA Admissions team members will present program and admissions information and address your questions. Click here to register.
- Tuesday, December 10
- Tuesday, January 7
- Tuesday, February 4
- Tuesday, March 3
- Tuesday, April 14
- Tuesday, May 19
Advising on the Go: Join the Mays team at a Starbucks near you to learn more about our MBA program options in Houston and the admissions process for Fall 2020 entry. We’ll be available from 11:30am-1pm for each event. Click here to register.
- November 21, 2019 – The Woodlands – 1440 Lake Woodlands Drive, 77380
- December 12, 2019 – Galleria – 2521 Post Oak Boulevard, 77056
- January 16, 2020 – Sugar Land – 16098 City Walk, 77479
- January 30, 2020 – Downtown – 1100 Louisiana Street, 77002
- February 13, 2020 – The Woodlands – 1440 Lake Woodlands Drive, 77380
- February 27, 2020 – The Heights – 445 N. Loop W, 77008
- March 19, 2020 – Galleria – 2521 Post Oak Boulevard, 77056
- April 2, 2020 – Webster – 1037 Bay Area Boulevard, 77598
- April 23, 2020 – Downtown – 1100 Louisiana Street, 77002
- May 7, 2020 – The Woodlands – 1440 Lake Woodlands Drive, 77380
- May 21, 2020 – The Heights – 445 N. Loop W, 77008
Mays Meet-Up: Do you want to gain perspective on what it’s really like to be a student in the Professional MBA program? We’ve got you covered! Schedule a Mays Meet-Up appointment to learn more about the PMBA program from a current or former student. During this meeting, you’ll have an opportunity to speak candidly on various topics such as classroom expectations, work-life balance, and any other questions you may have.
There are several ways a Mays Meet-Up can be scheduled. Examples include meeting at Mays CityCentre location, at the place of employment of you or your host, by phone or email, or any other location you may think of. To request an appointment, please click here.