Sales Competition Overview
What is it?
The Texas A&M Collegiate Sales Competition is a multi-round mock selling situation, in which you ‘sell’ a product to a buyer one-on-one. You receive the case/product information in advance. Your goal is to get the ‘buyer’ to agree to purchase your product. All 60 TAMU undergraduate students are judged against a rubric by industry representatives. The top 20 advance to the second round and the top 4 advance to the finals.
When is it? (Oct. 13-16)
- First, on your own (asynchronously), you will record a 45-60 second gatekeeper call and submit (see competition case for more information).
- You receive a 15-minute time slot on Friday afternoon (Oct. 15) to do your role-play.
- You attend the networking banquet Friday evening (Oct. 15) where we announce the top 20.
- If you are in the top 20, you come back Saturday morning (Oct. 16) for the second and third rounds!
Sales skills are skills for life, regardless of where you start your career. The Texas A&M Collegiate Sales Competition is a sales skill building opportunity that you can directly use toward interviews, jobs, and in life. By participating in the competition, you will learn about sales processes, practice a mock ‘role-play,’ and receive valuable feedback from industry professionals in a low-pressure environment.
- By simply participating in the competition, you will earn 100 points towards the Professional Distinction in Sales
- The top-20 finishers will receive a $100 gift card
- 4th place finalist will win $750
- 3rd place finalist will win $1,000
- 2nd place finalist will win $1,500
- 1st place finalist will win $2,000
New to Sales or are you nervous about participating?
Whether you are a first-year student or a senior who has already accepted a full-time career, the sales competition is an opportunity to learn, practice, and receive feedback, which will help you no matter your level of experience.
For an overview of ‘how to sell’ watch this LinkedIn Learning playlist that covers the basic of how to sell.
Watch a previous sales competition role-play to get an idea of what to expect.
Join a virtual session on October 12 (12:45p-2:00p) when the case sponsor (Amgen) will go over the case and answer any questions. Zoom Link: https://tamu.zoom.us/j/91617865868