M.B. Zale Leadership Scholars
Named for the innovative merchant, M.B. Zale, the M.B. Zale Leadership Scholar program is the leading undergraduate professional development program for top students in retailing at Mays Business School.
Selection as an M.B. Zale Leadership Scholar is highly competitive. Five to ten students are chosen each semester based on their academic achievement, leadership potential, and above all, their commitment to pursue a retailing career.
Applications for the fall 2017 class are due Friday, March 31st at 5 p.m.
Students can also earn 3.0 hours of MKTG elective credit during their second of two semesters of participation in the Zale Scholar program. This course is MKTG 485-506.
Zale Scholars serve as the student ambassadors for the Center for Retailing Studies, Mays Business School and Texas A&M University. Through hands-on learning experiences, such as luncheons with executives, travel to retail stores and HQ offices, networking opportunities, mentoring opportunities and reflective writing, students will:
- Build greater confidence in professional communication and personal branding
- Gain first-hand industry knowledge by engaging with visiting Executive Professors
- Practice and receive education in business etiquette
- Interact with CEO level retailers at the fall Retailing Summit and spring M.B. Zale Visionary Merchant Lecture Series
- Travel to New York City to experience retail flagship stores and buying offices
“The Center for Retailing Studies afforded me the opportunity to travel and attend the National Retail Federation’s Big Show in New York City as a student ambassador. There I learned about the latest industry trends and made priceless connections with retail executives, ultimately landing an internship with Macy’s home office in New York. Using the skills I learned as a M.B. Zale Leadership Scholar, combined with the knowledge from the classroom, I was able to excel in my internship and received a full time position with Macy’s after graduation.”
BBA in Management ’17