Letter from the Dean
As the dean at Texas A&M University’s Mays Business School, I am pleased to join the outstanding leadership team, faculty, staff and students at Mays. It is truly an honor and a privilege to be able to lead such a wonderful school in which I have deep roots.
I am taking the helm of Mays Business School at an important and exciting time in the school’s upward trajectory. The school has an excellent reputation with a number of notable strengths, including:
- A faculty that is globally renowned for excellence in teaching, research and service;
- A dedicated, caring staff;
- Confident, competent and hard-working students;
- An undergraduate Business Honors program and MBA programs distinguished by their unique approaches to leadership training and high-impact learning outside the classroom;
- and a strong entrepreneurship program that fuels innovation and collaboration across the Texas A&M campus and impacts the local and state economies.
Underlying these and other strengths are four distinctive and enduring attributes of the Mays educational experience that have been confirmed by our key constituencies as being the most impactful and indelible.
- The Mays Network – We have a close-knit and supportive community that is connected to the global network of Aggies who are willing to help open doors for other members.
- A Commitment to Knowledge in Action – This manifests itself in our faculty research and high-impact learning experiences, which give students the chance to actively apply their knowledge in a variety of real-world contexts.
- A Focus on Leadership that Empowers Others – Through classroom instruction, an executive speaker series and team-building activities outside the classroom, we develop leaders who are committed to helping others realize their potential, achieve their goals and serve a greater good.
- A Legacy of High Achievement and Mutual Accountability – This sustained commitment to outstanding results and right behavior was born of Texas A&M’s core values of excellence, integrity, leadership, loyalty, respect and selfless service. And it is bred through the study of ethics and leadership which is woven throughout the Mays educational experience.
These four attributes have always distinguished—and will continue to distinguish—the Mays experience from that of other schools. Please join us as we continue our journey to build a best-in-class business school known for innovation and impact on the communities we serve.
Professor of Marketing
Mays Business School, Texas A&M University