Incoming Freshmen

All freshmen enter Mays majoring in BUAD. Lower-level business students (freshmen and sophomores) receive advising from Undergraduate Advising  in room 238 of the Wehner Building.  They advise students which lower-level courses are needed to apply for upper division status and declare a major.

Transfer Students

Our department recommends students complete one semester at Texas A&M University prior to taking ACCT 327 –  Financial Reporting 1, due to the course’s rigor.  ACCT 327 is available to students who have been admitted to upper level in Mays Business School.  ACCT 327 completed with a C or better is a prerequisite for other upper-level accounting courses.

Change of curriculum information, including details on eligibility requirements, are available through the Undergraduate Advising.

Accounting BBA advisors are always happy to help guide upper-level students in course selections.

Changing Declared Major at Mays Business School

Students that have declared major within Mays Business School can change their major to accounting by visiting with an accounting BBA advisor.  Go to the Accounting BBA Advising home page for advising availability.

Please remember that Mays Business School undergraduate students must take all 300- and 400-level business course work in residence at Texas A&M University.

The only exception is credit earned through participation in a Texas A&M University reciprocal exchange study abroad program. To earn this type of credit students would need to take courses from an approved partner institution. Business courses are reviewed and pre-approved prior to the exchange and Texas A&M University credit is issued after students return.

Non-Texas A&M study abroad transfer course credit may not be applied toward required upper-level business course degree requirements.