When an accounting course is full, students may request to be included on a wait list for that course by filing a wait list form, located further down on this page.
Lower-level business and other majors
Only lower-level business students (BUAD, BUAG, AGBL) and General Studies students (GEST), intending to major in business, are eligible to complete a class wait list requests for ACCT 229 and ACCT 230.
GEST majors, not intending to major in business, who wish to take accounting courses, are eligible to take ACCT 209 and ACCT 210.
- There are no wait list procedures for these courses. Students are encouraged to pre-register for these courses as early as possible.
- ACCT 209 and ACCT 210 are open to all non-business majors on campus.
Declared Business Majors
- Wait list policies for courses in other departments, e.g., KINE or INFO, are handled in those departments.
- Students cannot be wait listed for honors sections.
- Getting on a wait list for a full course does not guarantee placement in that course. The best potential to enroll in a full course is by watching the registration system for openings that could occur as students drop the course. Registration system availability is posted on the Office of the Registrar’s website and in Howdy.
The accounting department policy for consideration of enrollment from a wait list is a privilege based on need rather than desire. For example, if a specific ACCT course is required for a student to graduate in May (need), the student will be enrolled in the course, but not necessarily in a specific section (desire).
To request inclusion on a wait list for an accounting course, submit a wait list form list available online during the wait list time frame.
Wait list requests will be queued in the following order when reviewed:
- Graduating seniors have top priority.
- Students will be considered based on their completion of the requested course’s prerequisites.
- Students who have a work schedule conflict with an accounting course. While we understand the reality that many students must work during their university career, the Accounting Department expects academic courses will remain the top priority for students. Work schedule considerations are the lowest priority consideration for forces and will only be granted when space permits.
- The timeliness of requests will also be evaluated.
The following issues are not appropriate considerations for wait list enrollment:
- Section changes. If a student is enrolled in a section, you are holding a seat that could be available to another student. You must drop your current section if you wish to be considered for another.
- A more convenient class time. We understand that not everyone enjoys Friday and 8 a.m. classes, but early (or late) classes throughout the week are a necessity of the university environment.
- Preference for a specific instructor.
- Wait list form processing will begin AFTER pre-registration has closed; please keep in mind that processing requests takes time. You will be contacted when your request has been reviewed.