When an accounting course is full, students may request to be included on a wait list for that course by filing a wait list form, located further down on this page.
Lower-level business and other majors
Only lower-level business students (BUAD, BUAG, AGBL) and General Studies students (GEST), intending to major in business, are eligible to complete a class wait list requests for ACCT 229 and ACCT 230.
GEST majors, not intending to major in business, who wish to take accounting courses, are eligible to take ACCT 209 and ACCT 210.
- There are no wait list procedures for these courses. Students are encouraged to pre-register for these courses as early as possible.
- ACCT 209 and ACCT 210 are open to all non-business majors on campus.
Declared Business Majors
- Wait list policies for courses in other departments, e.g., KINE or INFO, are handled in those departments.
- Students cannot be wait listed for honors sections.
- Getting on a wait list for a full course does not guarantee placement in that course. The best potential to enroll in a full course is by watching the registration system for openings that could occur as students drop the course. Registration system availability is posted on the Office of the Registrar’s website and in Howdy.
The accounting department policy for consideration of enrollment from a wait list is a privilege based on need rather than desire. For example, if a specific ACCT course is required for a student to graduate in May (need), the student will be enrolled in the course, but not necessarily in a specific section (desire).
- Please submit your request at: http://tx.ag/ACCTwaitlist
- Waitlist requests will be accepted beginning the first day of open registration for each term. You can expect to hear back on your request within 2 weeks of your submission date.
- View the Undergraduate Registration Schedule HERE.
- Please view additional information and details about our class wait list policies at https://mays.tamu.edu/department-of-accounting/class-waitlisting-forcing/.