Prospective students may apply to Business Honors through the ApplyTexas Admissions Application.
- Complete the Apply Texas Application or The Coalition Application to Texas A&M University. Applications open on July 1st.
- Select business administration (Business) as the first choice major.
- Select ‘YES’ to the Honors Programs Question on the application. After submitting your admissions application, please visit the Texas A&M Honors Programs website for more information regarding honors programs. If you did not select ‘YES’ to the Honors Programs Question but would like to be considered for Business Honors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name and UIN, and indicate your interest. Our admissions team will add your application to our list for consideration.
- Send official SAT or ACT scores directly to Texas A&M from the testing agency.
- An official high school transcript must be sent by the applicant’s high school directly to the Office of Admissions. If the high school does not rank, a school profile from the high school must be provided.
**Please Note: There is no additional application needed for the Business Honors program. Completing the above steps will ensure you have applied to the program successfully.
It is highly recommended that all applicants also submit at least one letter of recommendation directly to the Texas A&M Office of Admissions; however, it is not required. Letters of recommendation should be from an academic source (preferably a teacher) who knows the applicant well. Applicants should take this as an opportunity to tell the reviewers something the rest of the application does not. For more information on how to submit a letter of recommendation, click here.
It is preferred for applicants to provide information regarding extracurricular activities, community service, awards, and employment directly in the “Activities” section of the Apply Texas or Coalition Application, as opposed to an uploaded resume.
Deadline: All application materials must be received by December 1st. Late applications will not be accepted.
To be considered for the program, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- A total score of 1360 on the SAT with at least 620 Math and 660 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) from a single test date or a minimum composite score of 30 on the ACT with at least 27 English and 27 Math from a single test date.
- If you retake the SAT or ACT after you apply and receive scores that meet our eligibility requirements, you can email email@example.com. We will then add you to our eligible applicant pool upon confirmation of your new test scores. Test scores must be sent by Jan. 1st to be considered.
- Rank in the top quarter of high school class (students who are home-schooled or attend high schools that do not rank may apply)
The selection process for Business Honors is separate from the admission process for Texas A&M University. Admission to Texas A&M University as a business major does not guarantee selection to Business Honors. All Texas A&M admissions decisions are made by the Office of Admissions. Selections decisions for Business Honors are mailed separately from Texas A&M University admissions notifications.
Business Honors is also separate from the University Honors Program. It is possible to be in both programs, or just one or the other. Please note there are two separate application processes for these programs, one for Business Honors and one for University Honors.
Business Honors admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis. All decision letters will be mailed by February 15th.
Aside from the requirements listed above, there are no additional application requirements for Business Honors. Selections will be made using the Apply Texas Application or The Coalition Application and all materials sent to the Office of Admissions. Please do not send any additional materials to the Business Honors office. We review applications electronically and cannot accommodate supplemental documents.