As a Business Honors student, you will be expected to:
- Maintain a high academic standard. You must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5. If your cumulative GPA is less than a 3.5, you may be eligible for up to two semesters of probation as you work to regain the minimum requirement. More information is outlined in the Business Honors Handbook.
- Complete honors-level courses. You will complete a minimum of 30 credit hours of honors-level coursework, consisting of 9 hours of required courses, 15 hours of Core Business Knowledge (CBK) courses, and 6 hours of your choice. You may elect to take more than 30 hours of honors-level coursework. Here is more information about the curriculum, including honors business courses.
- Complete a credit-bearing internship. You will complete an internship experience for course credit. Most students fulfil this requirement the summer after their junior year.
- Engage in professional development opportunities. Business Honors offers an average of 70 professional development events per year. You must attend at least four (4) events of your choice per academic year.
- Complete a Signature Work project. You will begin a Signature Work (personal project) your sophomore year and complete it the semester you graduate.
- Fully participate in and complete all Business Honors program requirements. You must attend an annual All-BH Meeting each fall, complete an annual summer reading assignment, attend an etiquette dinner your sophomore year, and more.
More information about program requirements can be found in the Business Honors Handbook.