Students admitted to Business Honors must fulfill the following requirements to remain in good standing:
- Take a minimum of 30 hours of honors coursework to graduate with Business Honors. The 30 hours are comprised of 9 hours of required courses, 15 hours of business common body of knowledge courses, and 6 additional hours of the student’s choice. The specific honors course requirements are listed in detail in the Business Honors Curriculum.
- Maintain a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA. Students may be eligible for up to two semesters of probation if their cumulative GPA falls below a 3.5; however, they must meet the requirements summarized in the Business Honors Probation and Dismissal Policy and outlined in detail in the Business Honors Handbook.
- Attend a minimum of 4 events per academic year. Business Honors offers over 70 Professional Development Events each year.
- Complete an internship for credit.
- Take BUSN 125, a freshman seminar course during their first semester. Students admitted to Business Honors after their first semester may use credit from BUSN 101 or take BUSN 403 to fulfill the requirement.
- Complete a summer reading assignment each year.
- Attend the All-Business Honors meeting held each fall. Several meeting times are offered to accommodate students’ schedules.
More information concerning program eligibility and requirements can be found in the Business Honors Handbook.