M.B. Zale Visionary Merchant Lecture Series
Global Co-President, Direct to Consumer
Jack Boyle oversees all merchandising and retail efforts for Fanatics, including managing vendor relationships, growing the overall sports licensed business, developing and executing product strategy, and expanding merchandise assortments as co-president of direct-to-consumer/omnichannel retail. As a dynamic, multichannel retailer, Jack is responsible for ensuring the seamless cohesion of products and marketing across the entire Fanatics network, which includes fans who are shopping online, on their phone, or at one of the many stadiums, arenas, flagship stores and special events which Fanatics operates.
As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, Fanatics is changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys across retail channels through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today’s on-demand culture. Powering multi-channel commerce for the world’s biggest sports brands, Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world’s biggest sporting events.
Before joining Fanatics, Jack was the executive vice president and general merchandising manager of Women’s at Kohl’s corporation during which the company went from a regional department store of 100 stores in 1999 to a nationwide leader with over 1200 locations, $20 billion dollars in annual revenue and a Fortune 150 Corporation. Prior to joining Kohl’s in 1999, he spent ten years at the May Department Stores Company. Jack graduated from the University of Missouri at Columbia with a major in Finance and Banking. Also, he currently serves on the board of the Florida Sports Hall of Fame and DXL, a specialty retailer.
The M.B. Zale Visionary Merchant Lecture Series highlights the role of innovation in the success of retail businesses. Established in 1998, this annual lecture series honors creative merchandising in today’s marketplace. The series also serves to recognize the late M.B. Zale as a legendary retailer, a visionary businessman and esteemed philanthropist. The speaker chosen to present this lecture epitomizes the leadership, service philosophy and creativity demonstrated by M.B. Zale.
M.B. Zale founded Zale Corporation, the international jewelry chain, in 1924. He is widely respected as one of the giants in retailing. Donald Zale, the founder’s son, is chairman of the M.B. & Edna Zale Foundation and a member of the class of 1955 at Texas A&M University. His challenge to three universities to help retailing by developing the next generation of retail leadership led to the creation of the Center for Retailing Studies at Texas A&M in 1983.
- Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale, Founder & Owner, Gallery Furniture
- Arch “Beaver” Aplin III, President, Buc-ee’s
- Garrett Boone, Co-Chairman Emeritus; Kip Tindell, Co-Chairman and CEO; Sharon
Tindell, Chief Merchandising Officer, The Container Store
- Robert L. Tillman, Chairman, President, and CEO, Lowe’s
- Leonard Riggio, Chairman, CEO and Founder, Barnes &Noble
- Gordon Segal, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Crate and Barrel, Inc.
- Marvin J. Girouard, ’61, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Pier 1 Imports
- Dr. Jeffrey L. Bluestein, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Harley-Davidson
- Jim Carreker, Chairman and CEO, The Bombay Company
- Bob Nardelli, Chairman, President and CEO, The Home Depot
- Maxine Clark, Chairman and Chief Executive Bear, Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Mike Ullman, Chairman and CEO, JCPenney Inc.
- Matt Rubel, CEO and President, Payless ShoeSource
- Sam Duncan, CEO and Chairman, OfficeMax Inc.
- Robert D. Loeffler, Former President, H-E-B
- Eduardo Castro-Wright, Vice Chairman, Walmart
- Theo Killion, CEO, Zale Corporation
- Rodney Faldyn, CEO and President, Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Karen Katz, CEO and President, Neiman Marcus
- Blake Nordstrom, President, Nordstrom, Inc.
- Damien Harmon, Vice President of Operations, Bridgestone Retail Operations
- Melissa Phillips, President & COO, Tuesday Morning