Aggies On Wall Street – Overview
Aggies on Wall Street (AOWS) began over 25 years ago and has evolved into a flagship high-impact program of Mays Business School’s Adam C. Sinn ’00 Department of Finance providing high-achieving students with superior access to a large network and opportunities in the extremely competitive investment banking and asset management industries.
The mission of AOWS is to offer its students the best possible learning experience, assisting them to become top candidates who will secure their career start in investment banking or asset management at leading financial firms. The AOWS students begin their career in New York, Texas and beyond.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- AOWS dedicated courses/curriculum
- Unparalleled recruiting preparation for the top investment banking firms
- Unique 2-week trip to New York visiting multiple investment banking and private equity firms
- Additional exposure to Wall Street professionals with a variety of experience
Aggies on Wall Street is for students who:
- Want a challenging & exciting work environment
- Value early responsibility and exposure to senior professionals
- Pursue outstanding learning opportunities
- Seek a first job with unrivaled exit options
- Want to be a part of a unique network of Former Students and friends on Wall Street and beyond
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Undergraduate Finance and Business Honors/Finance majors entering their sophomore year
- Undergraduate Accounting majors who are applying to the Professional Program in Accounting (PPA) with the Finance track entering their junior year
- All applicants must be enrolled in or have taken FINC 341, and its prerequisites, by their application
IS AOWS FOR ME?
Students of the program will eventually compete with the nation’s best and brightest for internships and full-time jobs. Students interested in Aggies on Wall Street should seek to answer the following questions in earnest before applying:
- Is this type of career (fast-paced, demanding, competitive, etc.) a fit with my personality and aspirations?
- Do I have a strong analytic mind, am I intellectually curious, and do I pay attention to details when necessary?
- Am I ready to invest significant time and efforts in and outside of the classroom to best prepare myself for the early interview season?
TO LEARN MORE:
Please contact Lori Donnell, Assistant Program Director, for general information on AOWS: firstname.lastname@example.org