TRIP Application Process
The Application opens Friday, August 26, 2022 and is due Sunday, October 2, 2022 by 11:59 P.M.
TRIP is open to any Texas A&M undergraduate student, in any major, who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Students may apply for TRIP during the fall semester, once they have earned between 30–75 graded credit hours toward their undergraduate degree. Those accepted will begin TRIP courses the following Spring. Note: Mays students must be eligible to take upper-level courses in the Spring.
The application is a two-round process:
- Complete the application and submit all required essays (see below)
- Application initial review
- Top candidates invited to participate in Round 2
- Speed-interviewing with TRIP Industry Advisory Board members.
- Interview scoring and ranking by IAB members.
- Notification of admission status (2-3 days after the interview process)
2022 TRIP Application Essays
- Environmental, Safety and Governance (ES&G) has been at the forefront of business in the past two years. Provide one pro and one con of ES&G in relation to the Energy Industry as a whole. Briefly discuss whether the ES&G movement has been good or bad and defend your answer.
- Inflation has been an economic concern for the past year. Discuss the drivers for the current inflation we are experiencing. State the range where you believe inflation should be. Discuss what you believe needs to be done to bring inflation to where you would prefer it to be.
- If you could have one million of anything, what would it be? Explain/Justify your answer.
- Rank the Board Companies. (See website) Explain your ranking criteria.
- Kitchen Sink – This is your chance to tell us something about yourself, address something you feel needs an explanation, tell us what sets you apart from the rest, etc.
Interested in TRIP? We invite you to attend Information Sessions to learn more!
- Application closes October 2nd, 2022
For questions about TRIP please email TRIP@Mays.tamu.edu.