The Reveille Fund
The application for the Reveille Fund Spring 2024 cohort is now open!
If you are interested in applying for the Spring 2024 cohort, please apply HERE
All applications are due by 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, October 18, 2023.
About the Fund
The Reveille Fund is a multi-million-dollar student-managed investment fund at Texas A&M University, funded by the University of Texas/Texas A&M Investment Management Company (UTIMCO). The Fund uses in-depth analysis and fundamental research to assemble a long-only equities and ETF portfolio with the goal of outperforming the S&P 500 Index
Reveille Fund is high-conviction, pure hands-on experience for students who are dedicated and passionate about investing, managing, and growing a real investment portfolio ― before you even earn your degree.
Get involved with a variety of investing strategies as analyst, ranging from researching event-driven and early-stage IPO plays to finding outperforming sectors and companies to own for the long-term. Prior investment experience isn’t required; you can start out as an analyst and then take a role leading your peers.
Students will be responsible for managing the portfolio in its entirety by:
- analyzing and selecting individual securities based on general economic conditions and the specific characteristics of the companies
- monitoring the portfolio performance (characteristics, best/worst performing securities, etc.)
- reporting results and rationales for portfolio selection to UTIMCO personnel
Students also will visit with portfolio managers of top-level investment management firms who manage funds for UTIMCO; a perfect method to improve the students’ analysis processes.
The Reveille courses (Finc 485 and Finc 685) are heavily focused on research and managing money under the conditions one would encounter in managing a portfolio “in the real world”. Guidelines are specified (as one would expect when managing a client portfolio) and, of course, there is “friendly competition” between the Longhorn Fund and the Reveille Fund to see which fund can provide the best results.
- Prerequisites for undergraduates are FINC 351 and FINC 361. If you are an undergraduate applicant and have not completed FINC 351 AND FINC 361 or are not currently enrolled, then you are not eligible for the course.
- Prerequisites for graduate students are FINC 629 and 632. If you are in PPA, then you are considered a graduate student.
- Master of Science in Finance equivalents are FINC 602 and 603
Reveille Fund is overseen by Professor Brent Adams, who has an esteemed career and presence on Wall Street and by UTIMCO. This fund also has a friendly rivalry with the University of Texas, ensuring you’ll expand your network. You will receive guidance from esteemed faculty and industry mentors who speak from experience.
The University of Texas/Texas A&M Investment Management Company (UTIMCO) has graciously provided students at both schools the opportunity to manage an investment portfolio utilizing actual money. Each school has been granted access to $10,000,000 for students to manage. Each semester, approximately 16-20 of the best students are selected to act as an investment committee and portfolio managers of those funds.
Every year the Reveille Fund’s performance competes with the Longhorn Fund which is managed by our colleagues up the road in Austin. We are proud to announce that the Reveille Fund has outperformed and won the 2022-2023 competition!