Admission to the Master of Real Estate program is based on the assessment of several factors including:
- Demonstrated leadership and academic potential
- Academic performance in undergraduate coursework
- GMAT or GRE scores (GMAT is required for all international applicants)
- Letters of reference
- Honors, awards, and extracurricular activities
- Relevant work experience
- Personal interview
- Introductory Accounting – (ACCT 640, ACCT 229/209)
- Finance – (FINC 635, FINC 341/409)
- Micro-Economics – (ECON 202 or equivalent)
- Statistics – (STAT 651, SCMT/STAT 303 or other three hours of undergraduate statistics)
Still not sure if your undergraduate degree would be considered for this masters? Visit our Current Student Profile’s and see the many different academic backgrounds who have found their match in a commercial real estate education.
Enter your name as shown on your passport to avoid immigration and processing problems.
Complete the International Section within the online application and include your international address.
- Applicants with international transcripts are required to submit a WES (wes.org) course-by-course evaluation.
Official transcripts will be required if admitted.
TOEFL and IELTS (no official scores required unless admitted to a program)
- Unofficial scores typed within the Test Score section of the application. Mailed official score sheets are not needed.
- Scores must be within two years of the date of the exam. The University’s requirements are:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) a minimum score of 6.0. Additional information can be found at http://www.ielts.org/. There is not an institutional code for use with the IELTS examination; therefore, please send official score to:
|INTERNATIONAL Admissions Processing
Texas A&M University – Office of Admissions
PO Box 40002
College Station, Texas 77842-4002
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Mays MS/MRE programs require a minimum TOEFL requirement of 600 for paper, 250 for computer, or 100 for Internet based. Additional contact information can be found at http://www.ets.org/toefl/. Send official TOEFL score to Texas A&M code 6003.
- TOEFL Waiver (Texas A&M University criteria). This requirement can be waived by meeting one of the following criteria:
- score of = 400 on the GRE verbal section (previous scoring model)
- score of = 146 on the GRE verbal section (current scoring model)
- score of = 22 on the GMAT verbal section
- by receiving a baccalaureate degree with all four years of attendance at a U.S. college or university
- For students receiving undergraduate degrees outside of the United States, we require submission of a professional credential evaluation report. The purpose of this evaluation is to assist our admissions committee in accurately understanding and interpreting a student’s academic credentials. *Students applying to MS Accounting and MS-Marketing are exempt from this requirement.
- To obtain this report, please visit www.wes.org and follow the instructions for ordering a basic course-by-course evaluation. Please send an electronic report by designating Texas A&M University Mays Business School within the WES website.
- Degree equivalencies: Holding an accredited baccalaureate degree of at least four (4) years from a college, institution, or university of recognized standing, or its equivalent, guarantees consideration for admission.
- Do not send financial statements, visas, etc.! They are not used and will not be added to the electronic application.