Students who earn a Master of Science in Accounting find they are in great demand professionally. Our graduates are highly recruited by the Big Four accounting firms, other accounting firms and corporations. The MS Accounting program assists students in preparing and finding employment through the following career services:
- Career Management Center: Students are provided one-on-one coaching on professional development, resumes, job search strategies, workshops, etc.
- Professional development seminar: MS Accounting students take a professional development seminar during the fall semester. This seminar, which features a number of distinguished speakers, increases students’ understanding of employment opportunities and the skills necessary for a successful career.
- Internships: Students are encouraged to complete an accounting internship during the spring or summer terms. This experience gives students the opportunity to showcase what they have learned in the classroom, gain valuable professional experience and add to their professional network. Many students turn their internship experiences into full-time job offers after graduation.
- CPA exam preparation and administration: MS Accounting students have the option to take a review course and complete most sections of the CPA exam during their final semester of coursework. Our students’ pass rate on the CPA exam consistently exceeds the national average.
- Campus recruitment visits: A number of companies regularly conduct on-campus interviews because our students are valued for their excellent work ethic, strong knowledge base and willingness to contribute to the community.