The Ph.D. in Business Administration – Accounting is a rigorous program that prepares students for research careers. Our program offers a number of unique features and benefits:
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting: Our program provides students with comprehensive knowledge of methods, institutions and concepts in accounting and related functional and research disciplines.
- Emphasis on research: Students learn research methods so they are qualified to conduct research that is relevant to private or public organizations, to direct research by others and to communicate research findings through teaching and writing.
- Distinguished faculty: Our accounting faculty includes distinguished instructors and scholars who are extensively published and nationally recognized for their accomplishments. A number of our professors hold leadership positions in professional organizations and serve on editorial boards.
- Preparation for research careers: Our program prepares students for the varied responsibilities and opportunities of academic careers or for positions requiring similar research and analytical skills.
- Collaborative environment: Our faculty have a long history of working closely with PhD students. This approach allows our students to see all phases of the research process from generating an idea and designing empirical tests to producing a complete manuscript.
General program requirements: Details of general program requirements are available from the Texas A&M University Graduate Handbook, the Texas A&M Graduate Catalog, the Mays Ph.D. Programs Handbook, the Ph.D. in Business Administration – Accounting Brochure, and the Ph.D. in Business Administration – Accounting Handbook.