Currently enrolled Texas A&M University graduate students
To apply for fall admission to Mays, contact the Mays Ph.D. Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (979) 845-4711 for instructions.
Application submission dates and funding opportunities
These are not deadline dates to apply; the following dates are in chronological order of review opportunities.
- September 3: Fall application available to begin submission process.
- December 10: Strongly recommended that all applicants (U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, and international) submit your online application/uploaded documents for early review and the most consideration for available financial support, including university, Mays and departmental fellowships.
- December 11 – January 11: Primary review period. Applications continue to be accepted.
- January 12 – April 14: Applications continue to be accepted though some departments may begin closing applications as early as February. Funding opportunities may decrease as most departments review applications from December though February.
- April 15 – May 25: Departments begin closing applications as admission offers are accepted.
- May 26: Application closes for annual updates. No additional application submissions can be accepted after this date, even if you have started your online application.
Application submission and departmental review are conducted electronically
We do not use official test scores or transcripts to review Mays Ph.D. Program applications.
- Submit online application and upload requested documents only. Do not mail paper documents or additional information.
- Apply online using our ApplyYourself application form.
- Application fee paid online by credit card within the ApplyYourself application system.
- Upload supporting documents:
- Essay/Personal statement question(s).
- Scanned transcripts (.pdf) from each senior-level post secondary institution for the review process.
- To reduce file size, scan dpi around 150 if needed.
- Unofficial transcripts printed from student academic accounts may be uploaded.
- We understand a transcript may not list final grades if applying in a current semester.
- Professional resume.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation uploaded into ApplyYourself by the recommenders or they may submit by email. No more than three will be accepted for review.
- Unofficial GMAT or GRE scores will be typed in your application. Do not send an official or hard copy.
- The Core Residency Questionnaire is contained within the application.
- Ph.D. applicants only need to complete parts A and B.
- Parts C-H are for MS/MRE applicants only and should not be completed by Ph.D. Applicants.
- International applicant section
- Unofficial TOEFL or IELTS score will be typed in your application plus completing international section.
- Not reviewed: certificates, writing samples, research, etc.
Mailing Supporting Documents for Ph.D. Admissions
The Ph.D. Program only accepts applications and supporting documents using the online application system. Additional documents received by mail will not be considered.
The program mailing address for formally admitted students is:
Mays Business School – Ph.D. Program
Graduate Admissions Office
Texas A&M University
College Station, Texas 77843-4113
Electronic letters of recommendation are requested to expedite your application. Use this Mays form (pdf) if your reference chooses to send by mail instead of the online system.
Submitting Test Scores for Ph.D. Admissions
- GRE and TOEFL code is 6003
- GMAT code is Mays Ph.D. Program specific: 7B7-K9-57
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) a minimum score of 6.0. Additional information can be found at www.ielts.org. There is not an institutional code for use with the IELTS examination; therefore, please send official score to: Data & Research Services, Texas A&M University, 4239 TAMU, College Station, Texas 77843-4239.
- Test information is available at mba.com for the GMAT and www.gre.org for the GRE