Our management faculty is a distinguished body of teachers and scholars, extensively published and internationally recognized for their accomplishments. A number of them hold leadership positions in professional organizations and serve in editorial positions for leading management journals.
The faculty has received numerous research and teaching awards as well as other recognition such as election to major offices in professional associations. We are actively engaged in a variety of research projects; the results of which are regularly disseminated through articles in major journals, teaching and consulting activities, books and participation in conferences and meetings.
The Department of Management has been nationally recognized in a variety of studies:
- Department of Management faculty are ranked consistently in the top ten across universities in publications in top journals;
- Department of Management ranked #6 world-wide (behind Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Michigan, and Illinois), in terms of impact to the literature over a 25-year period, in a study published in the Journal of Management;
- Our faculty include six fellows of the Academy of Management (AOM), past and present members of the AOM Board of Governors, former and incoming Presidents of AOM, former and current Editors and Associate Editors of AOM journals, and seven current or past AOM division chairs;
- Our faculty also holds similar honors and positions in the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Academy of International Business (AIB), and the Strategic Management Society (SMS); and
- Our faculty holds over 50 editorial board positions, representing very highly rated scholarly journal in the area of management.
These and other achievements make the department an excellent choice for the Ph.D. student who is seriously interested in an academic career oriented toward research and teaching at the university level. The department’s national recognition and a well-designed doctoral program place us in a strong position to assist our doctoral graduates in developing attractive placement opportunities at quality schools upon completion of their studies.