Our program offers multiple opportunities for students to get experience outside the classroom.
100% of PPA students participate in internships in public accounting, consulting, and industry firms (primarily financial services and energy firms). Students have exclusive networking opportunities and professional development coaching as part of their ACCT 321 Professional Development Seminar to help secure their internship. PPA curriculum is designed to accommodate internships during the senior year. For example (but not limited to):
- Audit and Taxation internships: Audit and taxation internships usually occur during the spring semester and are typically eight weeks long. Students in the audit track intern during the first half of the semester while those in the taxation track intern during the second half of the semester.
- Information Systems internships: Information Systems internships usually occur during the fall semesters and typically span 12 weeks.
The Global Immersion in Accounting Field Trip is a 17-day adventure to Australia that combines an enriching academic experience with visits to the country’s cultural wonders. This program offers the following features and benefits:
- International experience: Students will be introduced to international opportunities within the public accounting firms, meet with native Australians as well as ex-pats to gain a local and corporate view of business in Australia, and interact with their peers in Australia’s version of the Professional Program.
- Cultural exploration: Students also have the opportunity to explore natural wonders such as the Great Barrier Reef, the Daintree Rainforest, and the Niau Waterfall.
- The Aggie Network in Australia’s major cities: The itinerary combines the traditional sights of Sydney, Cairns and Melbourne with the benefit of seeing the Aggie Network in action across the world plus the opportunity to contribute back to the people of Australia.
Students have opportunities to take specialized coursework in the following interest areas. Certificates can be pursued regardless of your PPA track.