The selection process for Business Honors is separate from the admission process for Texas A&M University. Admission to Texas A&M University as a business major does not guarantee selection to Business Honors. All Texas A&M admissions decisions are made by the Office of Admissions. Selections decisions for Business Honors are mailed separately from Texas A&M University admissions notifications.
Business Honors is also separate from the University Honors Program. It is possible to be in both programs, or just one or the other. Please note there are two separate application processes for these programs, one for Business Honors and one for University Honors.
To be considered for the program, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- A minimum composite score of 1300 on the old SAT or a 1360 on the new SAT in the Critical Reading and Math sections from a single test date or a minimum composite score of 30 on the ACT from a single test date. Students must take the writing component of the SAT and/or ACT in order for the test score to be considered.
- Rank in the top quarter of high school class (students who are home-schooled or attend high schools that do not rank may apply)
- Complete the Apply Texas Application or The Coalition Application to Texas A&M University. The Apply Texas application opens on August 1st and the The Coalition Application opens September 1st.
- Select business administration (BUAD) as the first choice major.
- Select ‘YES’ to the Honors Programs Question on the application. After submitting your admissions application, please visit the Texas A&M Honors Programs website for more information regarding honors programs. If you did not select ‘YES’ to the Honors Programs Question but would like to be considered for Business Honors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name and UIN, and indicate your interest. Our admissions team can add your application to our list for consideration.
- Send official SAT or ACT scores including the writing portion directly to Texas A&M from the testing agency.
- An official high school transcript must be sent by the applicant’s high school directly to the Office of Admissions. If the high school does not rank, a school profile from the high school must be provided.
It is highly recommended that all applicants also submit at least one letter of recommendation directly to the Texas A&M Office of Admissions; however, it is not required. Letters of recommendation should be from an academic source (preferably a teacher) who knows the applicant well. Applicants should take this as an opportunity to tell the reviewers something the rest of the application does not. For more information on how to submit a letter of recommendation, click here.
Deadline: All application materials must be received by December 1st. Late applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will receive a confirmation email when their application has been received.
Aside from the requirements listed above, there are no additional application requirements for Business Honors. Selections will be made using the Apply Texas Application or The Coalition Application and all materials sent to the Office of Admissions. Please do not send any additional materials to the Business Honors office. We review applications electronically and cannot accommodate supplemental documents.
Business Honors admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis. All decision letters will be mailed by February 15th.
An applicant wishing to be considered for the Business Honors Program must fulfill the Eligibility Requirements for Business Honors, as listed above.