Aggies On Wall Street – Overview
Aggies on Wall Street is a flagship high-impact program of the Department of Finance that provides high-achieving students with superior access to opportunities in the very competitive investment banking and private equity industries. The mission of Aggies On Wall Street is to offer its students the best possible learning experience to assist them in obtaining a position and being successful as financial analysts at top firms, preferably on Wall Street. Students who successfully complete the program are awarded a Certificate in Investment Banking upon graduation.
Careers in investment banking and private equity are both very demanding and very rewarding. Students who pursue this path are likely to benefit from the following:
- A challenging and exciting work environment
- Outstanding learning opportunities
- Team-oriented work
- Early responsibilities and exposure to senior professionals
- Very high compensation
- Unparalleled exit opportunities
In order to achieve its mission, Aggies on Wall Street selects a small group of students at the beginning of their sophomore year and focuses most of its efforts on preparing them to obtain a relevant internship at the end of their junior year. By the time they apply to potential employers in the fall of their junior year, students will have successfully completed a battery of rigorous finance classes, honed their resume writing and interviewing skills, as well as been on a unique 2-week trip to New York meeting a large number of Wall Street professionals at leading firms.
Over the past 20 years, Aggies on Wall Street has built a unique network of former students and friends on Wall Street who are wonderful allies and potential mentors to the program’s students. It is expected that current students will become great ambassadors of the program and Mays Business School and that they will turn into mentors to new generations of Aggies on Wall Street students.
Students of the program will eventually compete for internships and full time jobs with the nation’s best and brightest students. As a result, students interested by Aggies on Wall Street should seek to answer the following questions in earnest before applying:
- Is this type of career (fast-paced, demanding, competitive, etc.) a fit with my personality and aspirations?
- Am I excited at the perspective of living in New York for at least the first 3 years after graduation?
- Do I have a strong analytic mind, am I intellectually curious and do I pay attention to details when necessary?
- Am I ready to invest significant time and efforts in and outside of the classroom to best prepare myself for the interview season taking place in the fall of my junior year?
Please contact Lauren Welford, AOWS’s Program Coordinator and Academic Advisor, for general information on AOWS: firstname.lastname@example.org