Business Consulting Project
Full-Time MBA students apply the knowledge and skills they’ve learned in the classroom to help an actual client during the Business Consulting Project. This three-hour credit course is scheduled during the student’s final semester.
Emphasis on Teamwork: Students work in teams to help solve real-world business problems for clients, which include Fortune 500 companies, small start-up businesses and non-profit organizations.
Real-World Experience: These consulting projects help students increase their work experience prior to graduation, expand their professional network and enhance their long-term career possibilities. Examples of past consulting projects include:
- Creating financial projections for entry into a new market segment
- Developing the marketing plan for a new product
- Assessing the impact of environmental regulations on a business
- Identifying opportunities to increase and measure customer retention
- Positioning the company’s brand in an emerging market
- Identifying opportunities to reduce costs by improving supply chain management
- Analyzing options for short and long-term incentive programs
- Evaluating the cost and risk mitigation of several hedging instruments