Trading, Risk & Investments Program
Application Closed October 3rd, 2021.
The Trading, Risk & Investments Certificate Program (TRIP) prepares students in the fields of energy trading, investments and risk management by combining exceptional class instruction with hands-on, internship-based experience. TRIP is open to any undergraduate student at Texas A&M in any major, U2 & U3 classifications preferred but not required.
Key benefits of TRIP include:
- Guaranteed access to select coursework and programs
- Automatic acceptance to Master of Financial Management (MFM)
- Three paid energy market-related internships
- Mentoring by senior executives from advisory board member firms
- Exclusive networking events, physical asset tour, and trade floor visits
- Participation in market and industry-related activities
- Trading, Risk & Investments Certificate (for BBA-FINC or BBA-HNR/FINC sophomores)
- If you are looking for a career in investments, trading, or risk analysis, this is the road to your future!
TRIP students are assigned internships with three different Advisory Board member firms. Firms give TRIP students the opportunity to learn and add value to the company while earning competitive compensation. Through these internships, students will leave the program with 10-12 months of relevant experience and exposure to company cultures, preparing them to hit the ground running in their careers.
MASTER OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (MFM)
The MFM is a 36-hour program exclusively open to students who have been admitted to high-impact learning programs such as TRIP at Mays Business School. BBA-FINC or BBA-HNR/FINC sophomores have the option to forgo the MFM for a Certificate in Trading, Risk & Investments.
Board Member Firms