The Texas A&M University course registration system (i.e., Howdy) handles most student needs to add courses; however, if a needed course is full, the department wait list system may be used by students to submit requests for enrollment in courses with an ISTM or SCMT (non-honors) course prefix. There is a “no forcing” policy for all Business Honors classes. Wait list requests for courses offered by other departments (e.g. MGMT, FINC, KINE) are handled by the respective department.
Requests for ISTM 209 will only be accepted from students who are scheduled to graduate in August or December 2018. Requests from other students will be deleted.
The wait list system will be available for wait list requests as indicated in the following table. All wait list requests received during these periods will be reviewed on the dates indicated.
|Start Date||End Date||Review Date||Semester(s)|
|4/18/2018 9:00 AM||5/7/2018 4:30 PM||5/11/2018||Summer I & II and Fall 2018|
|5/23/2018 9:00 AM||5/25/2018 4:30 PM||5/28/2018||Summer I 2018|
|6/25/2018 9:00 AM||6/28/2018 4:30 PM||6/29/2018||Summer II 2018|
|8/20/2018 9:00 AM||8/23/2018 4:30 PM||8/24/2018||Fall 2018|
After submitting a wait list request, you will receive an e-mail confirmation that your request has been entered into the database. You should then assume that your request is under consideration until you are contacted by an advisor. You will be notified via e-mail whether or not your wait list request is approved. Please do not contact us to inquire about the status of your request prior to the review date, as this will only slow the process.
Wait List Request Policy
- The INFO Department’s wait list request system is for ISTM and SCMT (non-honors) courses only. There is a “no forcing” policy in effect for all Business Honors classes. Wait list requests for courses offered by other departments (e.g. MGMT, FINC, KINE, etc.) are handled by the respective department.
- Submitting a wait list request does not guarantee a seat in a class. We approve enrollment from the wait list based on need (if and where space permits).
- We review wait list requests in batches according to the review schedule posted on the wait list request system home page. An advisor will notify you after a decision is made regarding your wait list request.
- The following issues are not appropriate considerations for wait list requests:
- Section changes. If you are enrolled in a section, you are holding a seat that could be available to another student. Please drop your section in order to be considered for another.
- A more convenient class day/time. We understand that not everyone enjoys Friday and 8:00 am classes, but early (or late) classes throughout the week are a necessity of the university environment.
- Preference for a specific instructor.
- An academic advisor will not review your course schedule to determine if granting a wait list request will result in a time conflict with another course on your schedule. You are responsible for resolving any conflicts. Advisors will not drop courses from your schedule.
- Priority consideration is given as outlined below. While we consider extenuating circumstances, things such as work; routine family obligations; meetings or activities (even if they are for a TAMU sponsored organization); or travel to and from TAMU are typically not considered as extenuating.
Undergraduate Student Wait List Priority
- Graduating seniors have first priority. Graduating status will be determined by an advisor via a review of remaining degree requirements on your degree evaluation.
- Non-graduating MIS or supply chain majors who have a direct time conflict with another required course (when the conflicting course does not have an alternate section).
- Non-MIS or supply chain majors who have a direct time conflict with another required course (when the conflicting course does not have an alternate section).
- Students pursuing a business minor and seeking admission to ISTM 209 will be prioritized by graduation date. Business minor and graduation date will be determined by the advisor via a review of remaining degree requirements on your degree evaluation.
- Students NOT pursuing a business minor and seeking admission to ISTM 209 have lowest priority. In such cases, wait list requests will only be granted as space permits. Business minor status will be determined by the advisor via a review of your degree evaluation.
Graduate Student Wait List Priority
- Graduating MS-MIS or PPA-MIS students have first priority.
- Non-graduating MS-MIS or PPA-MIS students.
- Other Mays graduate students.
- Non-business graduate students.
- While we understand the reality that many students must work during their university career, we also expect that academic classes will remain the top priority for students. Work schedule considerations are the lowest priority consideration for wait requests and will only be granted when space permits.
- When classroom seating capacity limits the number of students who can be added to a section and more students are on the wait list than can be accommodated, decisions regarding multiple students with identical criteria based on the previous items will be based on date/time wait list request was submitted (i.e. first come, first served).