Cost & Aid
A limited number of merit-based scholarships are available for exceptional applicants of all academic backgrounds and will be awarded to the most competitive applicants at the scholarship committee’s discretion.
CFA Student Scholarship
- Because Texas A&M is a partner school with the CFA Institute, the Department of Finance CFA Exam Scholarship is available to students that want to register for the June CFA exam date.
Government Finance Officers Association of Texas Fellowship
- The Government Finance Officers Association of Texas formed a standing committee to encourage the development of government accounting and finance throughout Texas. The GFOAT Fellowship, which amounts to $5000, is split over two semesters.
Houston Society CFA Scholarship
- CFA Houston awards $2,500 annually to one deserving student from the Texas A&M MS Finance Program. Most scholarship winners will be selected from the students that demonstrate a commitment to learning about financial analysis and the capital markets and communicate a strong desire to be involved in the investment management profession.
MS Finance CFA Scholarship
- If a student applies to the MSF Program in Accelerated Admissions, the student can take the CFA Level 1 exam to earn additional scholarship money. If CFA Level 1 is passed, the student will be awarded $2,000.
Small Town Excellence Scholarship
- The Small Town Excellence Scholarship is a gift from Kevin and Robbie Moore. It recognizes students from small towns who make a big impact on the program. This one-time gift of $1,000 is awarded in the graduating student’s final semester.
STEM-to-Stocks Fellowship Program
- Merit-based scholarships exclusive to exceptional STEM undergraduate students that are admitted into the program.
Stone Financial Services Scholarship
- The Stone Financial Services Scholarship is a gift from former MSF student Trey Stone, Class of 2017. Two scholarships in the amount of $750 each are awarded each spring to Full Time MSF students with an Engineering background who are registered for the CFA Level I exam in June.
Stuart W. Murff ’73 Scholarship
- The Murff Scholarship is a gift from the Murff family in honor of Stuart W. Murff ’73, a former MSF student. The student that achieves the highest grade in FINC 601A (August Boot Camp) will receive the one-time award of $5,000.
Texas Aggie Graduate Grant
- The Texas Aggie Graduate Grants are need-based awards for Texas residents. Each student may receive up to $1,500 per semester in the fall and spring and $750 per semester in the summer with a maximum of $3000 annually. Applications are provided during the summer to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
Todd Bland Memorial Scholarship
- The Todd Bland Memorial Scholarship is a gift from the Bland family. The scholarship is awarded in the amount of $1000 to Accelerated Admissions students pursuing the MS Finance degree who demonstrate the highest academic potential in their cohort as assessed by the scholarship committee.
Financial Aid at Texas A&M
- For more information about what general aid is available to all graduate students at Texas A&M University, please visit the Scholarships and Financial Aid Website at: https://financialaid.tamu.edu/Graduate