We require applicants to take either the GMAT or GRE. International students are encouraged to take the TOEFL. Please see the Office of Admissions’ guidelines for proof of English proficiency for exceptions, contingent upon departmental approval. Although there are no minimums required for admission, we recommend that applicants have at least the following to be competitive:
- GMAT – 600
- GRE – 152 verbal and 154 quantitative
- GPR – 3.5 (last 60 hours)
- TOEFL – 110
Prospective MS Marketing students should have all grades and letters sent, tests taken, and scores reported before applying, since no decision can be made without a complete application.
TOEFL and IELTS
To be official, scores must be current and within two years of the date of application. Texas A&M’s Institution Code is 6003. The University’s minimum requirements are:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): If a TOEFL score is submitted, a score of over 100 (Internet-based) or 250 (computer-based) is desired. Additional contact information can be found at www.ets.org/toefl/.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): A minimum score of 6.0. Additional information can be found at www.ielts.org.
- WES evaluation: Our program requires that a WES transcript be submitted. https://www.wes.org/
Note: Individual graduate programs within Mays may have a higher requirement.