Incoming Exchange Student Application Process
- Nomination from Home University – Exchange students must be approved by exchange program coordinator at the student’s home university.
- Welcome Email with Instructions – Students will receive a welcome email from the Mays Exchange coordinator with Texas A&M application instructions.
- TAMU Online Application – Exchange students must complete the Texas A&M online application for incoming exchange students.
- The exchange applicant will upload all completed application documents to the online Texas A&M exchange application. Click here for application instructions.
- It is recommended that students do not finalize travel arrangements until the J-1 student visa has been issued by the US Embassy/Consulate.
- Questions related to the application procedures should go to Mr. Ben Petty (firstname.lastname@example.org), Study Abroad Programs.
- Questions related to Mays Business School should go to Ms. Katy Lane (email@example.com), Center for International Business Studies.
View the Academic Calendar and the Final Exam Schedule.
Review the REEP Handbook for information about studying at Texas A&M University as an exchange student.
For available on-campus housing, visit http://reslife.tamu.edu/. Please note that you cannot apply for on-campus housing until after you have received your application packet in the mail with your UIN and additional instructions.
For meal plan information, visit http://food.tamu.edu. You do not have to live on-campus to purchase a meal plan.
Please note that Texas A&M University does not accept Visa credit card for payment of housing application deposit, housing fees, health insurance fees or any other fees paid via Student Business Services on campus. Exchange students should apply for a Master Card, American Express or other major credit card. Again, Visa credit card is not accepted for payment of Texas A&M University fees.