According to Forbes, 93% of employers agree that relevant internship experience is the most important qualification for hiring someone.
Why pursue an international internship? A recent study by Global HR News found that 73% of respondents cited study abroad as important when evaluating the resume of a job candidate for a junior-level position. Another survey found that one out of every two companies would choose a candidate with international experience over another otherwise equally-qualified candidate.
International internships enable students to:
- Gain deeper cultural immersion
- Develop cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience working with professionals in an international environment
- Participate in intensive practical language training
- Apply lessons learned in the classroom outside the U.S.
- Gain valuable international work experience
Follow these links for more information:
- Receive Credit for International Experiences – Form
- Texas A&M University Resources
- Non-TAMU Resources for International Internships – North & South America
- Non-TAMU Resources for International Internships – Europe
- Non-TAMU Resources for International Internships – Asia & the Pacific
- Austin, TX – Spring 2021
- Washington D.C. – Spring 2021 and Summer 2021
- International locations – Spring 2021 and Summer 2021
The Fund for the Public Interest – Applications are now OPEN!
- The Fund is a national non-profit organization that runs campaigns for some of the nation’s most prominent social change and environmental organizations.
- Currently hiring students to join summer campaign staff in Austin and 30 other cities around the country.
- Gain first-hand experience in grassroots organizing, learn valuable communication skills, and have the opportunity to participate in a variety of campaign actions.
Internship and Living Abroad Program (ILAP) – Applications are closed
- ILAP is a series of 6-week summer internships in one of five countries: China, Chile, Spain, Singapore, or England.
- Internships are open to ALL majors and 10 students (up to 12 for some countries) will be selected for the program every summer.
- Participants will live with host families and MSC L.T. Jordan will arrange all logistics (round-trip airfare, housing, visa processes, and a cultural excursion).
- Puentes Abroad connects students with internship opportunities in Buenos Aires and Mendoza, Argentina and Montevideo, Uruguay
- Internships are open to ALL majors and there are no language requirements
CIS Abroad Business and Economics Virtual Internships – Applications now open!
- CIS Abroad’s virtual internships connect students with an international organization to work on special projects from their home base in the US while adding a global perspective to their professional work experience
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to apply
- CEA offers virtual internships during the summer and Fall 2020 semesters in 11 locations around the world
- The six-week summer virtual internship program includes an online seminar to be completed independently (online seminar and virtual internship placement are worth 3 credits)
Absolute Internship Business Remote Internships – Applications now open!
- AI’s remote internships connect students with reputable companies in Europe and Asia for project based work for 4-16 weeks. Cultural Training, Career Speaker Series, Career Development Workshops, Group Meetings and much more!
**Please note that international internships are most often non-paid. However, the cultural immersion and first-hand international business experience is priceless.