According to Forbes, 93% of employers agree that relevant internship experience is the most important qualification for hiring someone.
Why pursue an international internship? A recent study by Global HR News found that 73% of respondents cited study abroad as important when evaluating the resume of a job candidate for a junior-level position. Another survey found that one out of every two companies would choose a candidate with international experience over another otherwise equally-qualified candidate.
International internships enable students to:
- Gain deeper cultural immersion
- Develop cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience working with professionals in an international environment
- Participate in intensive practical language training
- Apply lessons learned in the classroom outside the U.S.
- Gain valuable international work experience
Follow these links for more information:
- Receive Credit for International Experiences – Form
- Texas A&M University Resources
- Non-TAMU Resources for International Internships – North & South America
- Non-TAMU Resources for International Internships – Europe
- Non-TAMU Resources for International Internships – Asia & the Pacific
- Washington D.C. – Fall 2020
- International locations – Fall 2020
The Fund for the Public Interest – Applications are now OPEN!
- The Fund is a national non-profit organization that runs campaigns for some of the nation’s most prominent social change and environmental organizations.
- Currently hiring students to join summer campaign staff in Austin and 30 other cities around the country.
- Gain first-hand experience in grassroots organizing, learn valuable communication skills, and have the opportunity to participate in a variety of campaign actions.
International Studies Abroad (ISA) Internships in Tokyo, Japan – Applications are now OPEN!
- January 2020 – 6-week, 8-week, 12-week: DEADLINE is October 1, 2019
- May 2020 – 8-week: DEADLINE is January 15, 2020
- June 2020 – 8-week: DEADLINE is February 15, 2020
- September 2020 – 8-week: DEADLINE is May 1, 2020
- ILAP is a series of 6-week summer internships in one of five countries: China, Chile, Spain, Singapore, or England.
- Internships are open to ALL majors and 10 students (up to 12 for some countries) will be selected for the program every summer.
- Participants will live with host families and MSC L.T. Jordan will arrange all logistics (round-trip airfare, housing, visa processes, and a cultural excursion).
- Attend one of their informationals to learn more: October 1, 2019 at 7PM in MSC 2500 or October 2, 2019 at 5:30PM in MSC 2501
Application is the same for all countries: DEADLINE is October 25, 2019 at 5PM in the MSC L.T. Jordan Office
**Please note that international internships are most often non-paid. However, the cultural immersion and first-hand international business experience is priceless.