According to Forbes, 93% of employers agree that relevant internship experience is the most important qualification for hiring someone.
Why pursue an international internship? A recent study by Global HR News found that 73% of respondents cited study abroad as important when evaluating the resume of a job candidate for a junior-level position. Another survey found that one out of every two companies would choose a candidate with international experience over another otherwise equally-qualified candidate.
International internships enable students to:
- Gain deeper cultural immersion
- Develop cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience working with professionals in an international environment
- Participate in intensive practical language training
- Apply lessons learned in the classroom outside the U.S.
- Gain valuable international work experience
Follow these links for more information:
- Receive Credit for International Experiences
- Texas A&M University Resources
- Non-TAMU Resources for International Internships – North & South America
- Non-TAMU Resources for International Internships – Europe
- Non-TAMU Resources for International Internships – Asia & the Pacific
**Please note that international internships are most often non-paid. However, the cultural immersion and first-hand international business experience is priceless.