According to Forbes, 93% of employers agree that relevant internship experience is the most important qualification for hiring someone.
Why pursue an international internship? A recent study by Global HR News found that 73% of respondents cited study abroad as important when evaluating the resume of a job candidate for a junior-level position. Another survey found that one out of every two companies would choose a candidate with international experience over another otherwise equally-qualified candidate.
International internships enable students to:
- Gain deeper cultural immersion
- Develop cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience working with professionals in an international environment
- Participate in intensive practical language training
- Apply lessons learned in the classroom outside the U.S.
- Gain valuable international work experience
Mays Business School students may receive credit for internships lasting 6 weeks or longer.
- Undergraduate students must register for 1-4 hours of IBUS 484, under the direction of Dr. Gaspar, and complete the Application for International Internship Form prior to their internship.
- Graduate students must register for 1-6 hours of BUAD 684, with prior approval of their department head.
Business students who would like to register for IBUS 484 or BUAD 684 must submit:
Students accepted are also eligible to apply for:
All forms are due April 15th for summer internships/directed studies.
TAMU offices that provide international internship opportunities:
- MSC L.T. Jordan Institute for International Awareness
- TAMU Public Policy Internship Program
- TAMU Study Abroad Program Office – Internships
Internship opportunities with third-party providers working with CIBS:
- CEA Internships – Czech Republic & Ireland
- EMZINGO Internships – Brazil & Peru
- Global Academic Ventures – Academic Internship Institutes of Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, and New Zealand
- Global Experiences – Barcelona & Milan
Non-TAMU resources for international internships:
Guide to Internships – www.learnhowtobecome.org/
- Absolute Internship – Business internships in China, Singapore, Spain and UK.
- AIB – Internship placements for undergrad and graduate students in Germany.
- AIC – Business internship opportunities in Canada, Hong Kong, India and Singapore.
- API – Credit-bearing business internships in France, Italy, Poland, Spain, England, Ireland, Scotland, Chile, Costa Rica, Bhutan and China.
- Arcadia University – Internship programs in the UK.
- CareerUp – CareerUp is a leading provider of internships abroad. They have programs in Beijing, Singapore and Manila, and connect talented students with world-class internships.
- CEA – Business internships in Czech Republic and UK.
- CRCC Asia – Business internship opportunities in China (Beijing and Shanghai); may also elect to take Mandarin language courses; opportunities available year-round.
- Cultural Embrace by API – Business internship opportunities in France, Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru and Nepal.
- EUSA – Business internship opportunities in England, Ireland, Spain and France.
- Global Professional Search (GPS) – Job-matching service that specializes in connecting “global-ready” students and alumni with employers looking to create a diverse, multicultural organization. Click here for for their brochure.
- GlobaLinks – Business internship opportunities in China, Hong Kong and Australia.
- IES – Business internship opportunities in Belgium, Italy, UK, China and Australia.
- Intrax – Business internship opportunities in Brazil, Chile, China, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore, Spain and the United Kingdom.
- ISA – Business internship opportunities in Spain, UK, Chile, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. Click here for their brochure.
- Pan American Energy – Internships in Argentina
- SOL – Business internship opportunities in Spain.
- SRAS – Business internship opportunities in Russia.
- TEAN – Business internship opportunities in China, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand.
- USAC – Business internship opportunities in China.
- US Department of State Student Internship Program
- World Endeavors – Business internship opportunities in Italy, Spain, UK, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, China, India, Thailand and AustraliaGuidance Resources:
**Please note that international internships are most often non-paid. However, the cultural immersion and first-hand international business experience is priceless.